NEW Gluten Free products that I am excited about

11:29:00 PM

Hey guys,
So in this post, I want to talk about some NEW Gluten Free products I have come across in the last couple months that I have been really excited about.

Here's a video if you guys are interested in seeing the products and what I have to say. Otherwise, you could just read down below. :)





Product #1 : Gluten Free Cereal - Lucky Charms and Cheerios 

This summer, I came across Gluten Free Lucky Charms and Cheerios! :)
That was one of the most exciting things for me because I used to eat both of these as a kid.
Unfortunately the Lucky Charms aren't available in Canada, or not yet anyways but I was in New York at the time, so I grabbed a box from there. On positive note, the Cheerios are widely available in many grocery stores across Canada in all of the flavours which is great. There is a potential downside to this though. Around the end of the summer, General Mills recalled their Cheerios because there was an issue with some wheat being present in the boxes which is a huge concern for us celiacs.

Now, I have heard that this recall issue has been resolved and that they are now safe but I am not one hundred percent sure if that statement stands or not. If anyone knows what is the final say, please comment below or let me know because I would be interested in knowing whether I could purchase them or not. For those of you interested, here are two links one Canada specific and the other one just generally speaking about the issue with the Cheerios recall.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2015/10/gluten-free-cheerios-recalled.html?mid=facebook_nymag
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/gluten-free-cheerios-celiac-warning-1.3741540

Product #2: Gluten Free Pita Bread - Wooden Bakery Lebanon 

This product I was super excited about because I LOVE pita bread and haven't had it since the last time I was in Lebanon which was nearly 2 years ago. The Wooden Bakery just recently came out with a new line of gluten free breads safe for celiacs. This includes, pita bread and tannour bread. This is amazing news because us Lebanese people love our pita. I am so proud of my homeland for taking initiative and providing us with some traditional products that are safe for us to eat so thank you Wooden Bakery! :)

Product #3 : Gluten Free Cake - Inspired by Happiness Cookies and Cream Cake 

This is the final product I have for you guys right now. Unfortunately the cake didn't make it into my product review video because I only found it after having filmed the video but nonetheless, it is AMAZING. I am in love with this cake and it is definitely hands down one of the best gluten free cakes I have ever had. I found it at the Longo's in Vaughan. For some reason, it is not available at all Longo's but make sure to check your local Longo's or Sobey's because when I emailed the company I was told these two grocery stores would carry them. :) Seeing as this is a product from the states, I am sure it is more widely available there. 

For a store locator you can click this link : 
http://inspired-by-happiness.com/where-to-buy
























That's it as far as new products I have come across and enjoyed. Do any of you know of some delicious Gluten Free treats that I should try? Please let me know in the comments, or shoot me a message. :)

Happy eating,
xox Léa S.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook