The Dirty Bird - Chicken and Waffles (Review)

2:31:00 PM


I can't explain how happy I was when I first found out about this place.

I found out about The Dirty Bird about a year and a half maybe two years ago now. At that time, it seemed like chicken and waffles was just becoming the next big craze so it was perfect timing for me to stumble upon it so that I could indulge as well! :)

My first time trying chicken and waffles was in Ottawa at this cafe called the daily grind which was entirely gluten free. After trying them once, I was OBSESSED. Unfortunately that place shut down. I was sooooo upset because it was one of the very few spots where I could eat and feel entirely safe. At the same time, I live in Toronto so either way, I needed somewhere more convenient for some Chicken and Waffles and I was determined to find it.

That's basically how I found out about The Dirty Bird. I first came across the Kensington location and later on found out about their Bathurst and Bloor location which has now become my second home. Just kidding, but I meaaaaan... might as well be. Anyway, the reason why I trust and recommend The Dirty Bird is because a) ALL of their chicken is coated with gluten free breading meaning that there is no risk of cross contamination in the fryers. What makes it even better is that the Gluten Free waffles are made separately in a separate waffle maker but ALSO in an entirely separate area all together!!! How awesome is that? :)

I don't know about anyone else, but my face lit up when I was told. To say that I was a very happy celiac is an understatement. I felt super safe knowing the procedures they took and I knew that I could trust them because they take the necessary precautions to avoid cross contamination.

For those who know me, you know that I don't like recommending places unless I myself feel safe eating there. So incase you're hesitating, rest assured it is safe and delicious. :)

Here are some pictures I took the last time I was there.
Pictured is the Dirty Bird'ger and the Dirty Fries.



I also have a vlog below of a visit earlier this year with some friends if you're interested in seeing the layout and what the food looks like, click below!



I hope this post helped you guys find a new spot to indulge with your friends without feeling left out! This place is awesome for anyyyyone.

Happy eating friends!
Love you all.
xox Léa S.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook