Oggi Pizza : Caprese - Product Review

8:52:00 PM

As an avid pizza lover, I'm always hunting for the best gluten free pizzas. 
I've probably tried every single type of Gluten Free pizza you can find in your local grocer's grocery aisles. I guess you can call me an innovator when it comes to anything that involves gluten free pizza. I'm OBSESSED with gluten free pizza. I guess I made it very clear, that this post is going to be about pizza. 

Last year, at the Gluten Free Expo here in Toronto, I came across a new brand of pizza: Oggi pizza. The fact that it was approved by the celiac disease association is what initially caught my eye. This pizza was also not a thin crust like most gluten free pizza's would be. That made me extremely ecstatic and I was so excited for it to be in stores.


Unfortunately, I was not able to try it on the day of because I was on an elimination diet, but today.. today is the day! I finally purchased my first box from Costco! :) 

They just launched about a month ago in Costco stores across the country. 
So, here's my official first impression review of the pizza. 
For those interested, I had the Caprese style pizza. 


Initial thoughts: 
When I took the pizza out of the box, I could already feel that the crust was SO fluffy and this was prior to cooking. The crust looked pretty thick which made me hopeful that it wouldn't come out crusty. The caprese style is topped with tomato sauce, basil, mozzarella and bocconcini. 

The pizza is to be baked at 450 degrees F. 
Leave in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. 
Once it's out, leave it to cool down for 2-3 minutes. 

Once it was ready to eat, I could tell without even grabbing it, that this was going to definitely be a fluffy crust. I don't know how they did it, but this pizza is phenomenal! The crust is amazing, so fluffy you really can't tell it's gluten free. The best part about it is that it isn't too dense either, so you don't feel so full after eating a couple slices ;). I had my sister who is non-celiac try it as well to get her initial thoughts on it. I quote her "this is amazing, it doesn't even taste gluten free!".

I strongly suggest to all of my fellow celiacs, or gluten sensitive readers to try this pizza if you get the chance because it is no joke one of the best Gluten Free pizzas I have ever tried. Although I do love a thin crust (Sabatasso's is my favourite incase you were wondering!), it's really nice to also experience having a traditional fluffy crust pizza again. I guarantee even your non-celiac friends will enjoy it too. :) Thank you Pizza Oggi for offering this to your celiac consumers! :) 


Let me know in the comments below if you decide to try this pizza. 
Happy eating! <3 

Léa S. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook