What I ate on the Elimination Diet - Breakfast Ideas

10:00:00 AM


Finally! The wait is over. For those of you who didn't know, I have been on an elimination diet for a little over a month. This type of elimination requires you to cut out certain foods based on your condition for a set period of time. The purpose is to be able to identify which foods are your trigger foods once it has been reintroduced into your diet. This would help you figure out which foods to steer clear from. In my case, this also allowed for my gut to rid itself of toxins and restore my immunity by strengthening my immune system and healing my small intestine.

Today is the big day because it has come to an end! :) To celebrate (and by popular request),  I decided to share with all of you some of the things I have been eating for the past month and a half. For many this would seem almost impossible seeing as you are restricted on many foods but reflecting back, it really isn't that bad at all! It's all about finding alternatives and getting creative in the kitchen. :)

I have provided pictures for most of the recipes (some are missing because I forgot to take pictures, but I will add them eventually. Sorry!)

** All of these recipes are free of : Gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, corn, coconut, peanuts, pepper (seasoning as well as vegetable), avocados, sesame, refined sugars, processed oils, potatoes, eggplant, and tomatoes.

So, without further ado, heres a breakdown of what I've had for breakfast.

Click the pink titles to jump to the recipe page :) .

Chia Pudding 
Four Ingredient Rice Flour Pancakes 
These aren't the savoury pancakes you're probably thinking of but, these will do when you're on the elimination diet and you could use them for a sweeter or saltier treat.

Green Smoothie
Spinach or Kale
1 Tbsp Flaxseed
Frozen berries of choice (I stuck to raspberries and blueberries because strawberries were a no-no)
Coconut milk or Almond milk (I used almond milk because I had to avoid coconuts)

Gluten Free Oat Bars 

**Adapted from Pop Sugar



These were a life saver for me because they lasted me about a week and I was able to snack on them or eat them when I needed a breakfast on the go.

Almond Butter + Blueberry Cookies 
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies 
Another favourite of mine! (I love oatmeal cookies!!)

Quinoa Crunchies + Almond milk 
Since I was not able to eat remotely any cereals, I bought myself some Quinoa Crunchies and ate them with almond milk or on their own as a snack!

These come in three flavours : Original, Cinnamon (my personal favourite), and Chocolate!
Here's a picture for reference. This is the cinnamon flavour.
Quinoa Oat-Carob Cookies


















**Thanks to Sheryl from http://30daysofnew.weebly.com for this recipe! :)

Overnight Oats
Rice Crackers + Almond butter + 1 serving of fruit
















This one's plain and simple if you need something quick in the morning.
2 Rice Crackers
1 spoon of almond butter per cracker
Top with fruit and drizzle honey OR eat with a serving of fruit on the side (I had mango)

Pumpkin Spice and Walnut Muffins 
I absolutely loved those!!! EEEK, ok. moving on..






















Blackberry Lemon breakfast Oatmeal Cookies 
If you like a little kick in your oatmeal cookies, you should definitely try these out!
I personally prefer the plain ones over these.. or oatmeal raisin! :)

Link to recipe: http://iowagirleats.com/2014/03/14/lemon-blackberry-breakfast-cookies/

I hope this helps some of you whether your goal is conscious eating, the elimination diet, or simply just looking for breakfast ideas/alternatives. Let me know if you choose to try any of the following recipes and which one was your favourite! :)

xox Léa S.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook