How to: EASY 4 ingredient Copycat Tim Horton's Breakfast Sandwich/McDonald's McMuffin (Gluten Free + Dairy Free)

11:36:00 AM

I don't know about you guys, but the Tim Horton's Breakfast Sandwich was BOMB in my pre celiac days and it was a regular morning purchase back in high school. Seeing as I can no longer have that awesome sandwich, I decided to recreate it myself and to my surprise it tasted just as great! :)

If you want to learn how to make this easy 4 ingredient COPYcat breakfast sandwich,
Keep reading below.

What you will need:

2 Pieces of gluten free toast
1 egg
1 turkey sausage round
1 slice of vegan mock cheddar cheese (or substitute for regular cheese)

Take out 2 pieces of toast and let them thaw before toasting. While you wait, cook your egg and place the turkey sausage in the oven at 375 degrees for a total of 12 minutes. You can also flip the sausage halfway through. Once the toast is decently warm, I like to place it in the toaster for a couple minutes to heat it up. Once that's done, take the toast, place your slice of cheese and top it with the turkey sausage and egg. Place your sandwich in the oven for another 4-5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt. And there you go, you have yourself an equally delicious but healthier version of that breakfast sandwich! :)
















**Note that this recipe was tweaked with a gluten free and dairy free purpose in mind. But any of the following could be substituted based on your preference! :) I also used toast rather than an english muffin because when I recreated this recipe, I was on an elimination diet and therefore had to avoid many ingredients. But the sandwich taste good either way so feel free to choose.

I hope you guys enjoy this easy, yet healthy and delicious breakfast option and hope that you try it for yourself! :)

Brands used: 
Toast: Udi's Gluten Free Multigrain Toast
Turkey Sausage: The Smokey River Meat Company Turkey Sausage
Vegan Cheese: Daiya or Earth Balance mock Cheddar style cheese


Happy eating!!
xox Léa S.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook