Lilli and Loo - NYC

3:19:00 PM


Prior to having visited Lilli and Loo, I hadn't had sushi in over 2 years! I think you could imagine the level of excitement that I had at this point because I had finally found a spot with a gluten free menu!
Lilli and Loo has an entirely seperate Gluten Free menu for us gluten free consumers which was a definite plus for me! Find it here.

Run Down (things you may want to note) :
  • Gluten Free Options: Yes
  • Gluten Free Soy Sauce: Yes
  • All you can eat: No
  • Affordability Scale: Average 
  • Would I recommend this place: Yes 
  • The Celéac Corner's Rating based on our experience: 10/10

Location: 792 Lexington Avenue (between 61st and 62nd street)

What I had: 
Because I was specifically excited for sushi, I decided to have just that during this visit!
I ordered the Rock Shrimp tempura (2 rounds because it was just that good!), the phoenix, the tuna lover, and the rainbow volcano. Although I was not a huge fan of the rainbow volcano, I absolutely loved the tuna lover (made up of: spicy tuna and avocado topped with fresh tuna and pomegranate vinaigrette), and especially the phoenix,(made up of spicy tuna, avocado, topped with spicy salmon and bonito flakes) found on the right side of the picture up top. For other options, you can check out their menu here.

Favourite menu item: 
The rock shrimp tempura






















The rock shrimp tempura was without a doubt my favorite menu item. I recommend this as an appetizer to anyone because it's seriously that good. Although the menu suggests that it's made up of "spicy" rock shrimp tempura, don't let the name fool you. It actually isn't that spicy at all, and this is coming from someone who doesn't handle a heap of spice too well.

 The sauce was definitely the cherry on top. I want to say that it's made up of a mix of spicy mayo with a hint of lemon, but I could be wrong on that one. Regardless, it's delicious and that's all you need to know. :)

Overall experience: 
Besides the fact that they had an entire gluten free menu (which was the initial reason for my visit), this place has easily become one of my favourite gluten free spots. The sushi is so good and service is great. The staff is very knowledgeable about the gluten free lifestyle and extremely accommodating. During one of my visits, a friend and I ordered some sushi that we did not enjoy. The staff did not hesitate to replace it for us at no extra charge! Brownie points for excellent customer service ++ :).  To top it off, the restaurants menu is provided in collaboration with the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) so we know, that they know what they're talking about! :)

Do you have a gluten free sushi spot in the city? I would love to hear your suggestions!
Happy eating to all my gluten free foodies!

With lots of love,
Léa S.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook