Curl talk: LUSH H'suan Wen Hua review

12:21:00 AM

Curls are thirsty af. Especially in the winter. They get dry, and my already knotty hair gets even harder to handle. All curly hair beauty bloggers say the key to keeping curls healthy is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. That means finding a good deep mask conditioner.

A lot of people recommend coconut oil, which I do love using for a variety of different reasons. However, I don't know how I feel about oil in my hair and then dealing with taking it out. I decided to try my luck with Lush. I love Lush but some products are definitely a hit or miss for me. I initially wanted to try the Fluffy hair mask, since it was sold out the associate recommended H'Suan Wen Hua.



The smell is really strong, and at first I was not feeling it. However, it grew on me. It smells like a mix of gingerbread and cinnamon. So good. 

The packaging instructed to leave it in for 20-30 minutes. However, the girl at Lush suggested that I could even leave it in overnight. I decided to try out the latter since I wanted ultimate moisture.
I lathered my hair with the mask and brushed it out with my detangling brush as I went along. The first time I tried it, I made sure to get some on my scalp since the jar describes some scalp treatment. But I personally didn't find any benefit, so the next times I concentrated on my ends, reducing the amount I applied as I got to the scalp.

Here is how my hair looked like while conditioning. My sister joked I should just use this hair mask as my wash and go product because "my curls looked blessed".


The next day, I washed it out and applied my usual products. I did feel like my hair was less dry and much softer. I was pleased with the results ☺️.

I used it for about a month and a half before I ran out. I switched up my routine and applied it every two weeks, before I washed my hair, for about 30 minutes to an hour. I'm not sure if I applied too much at a time, but I had hoped it would last me longer. However, since my hair is pretty long and thick, I'm not surprised I finished it quickly.
All in all, I would recommend this product to anyone with similar hair texture or who would like to keep their hair moisturized. 
What's your favorite hair mask? Do you have an all-time favorite that you always come back to, or do you switch it up?

Let me know in the comments below!
- Patty 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook